At the April 8, 2019 school board meeting, the board unanimously approved the capital facilities bond proposal totaling $115 million. Projects in this proposal will touch every school and include:
- Mint Valley Elementary School replacement – $43 million
- Northlake Elementary School replacement – $43 million
- Safety and Security upgrades for all schools – $4.2 million
- Career Technical/Vocational upgrades at R.A. Long and Mark Morris high schools – $8.4 million
- Memorial Stadium upgrades – $7 million
- Large facility repair projects – $9.4 million
Find out more here.
The 20th Avenue bridge at Lake Sacajawea will be closed from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. to vehicle traffic Thursday for a routine inspection, according to a City of Longview press release
The east sidewalk on the bridge and the paths around the lake will remain open to pedestrians, according to the city, but traffic will be re-routed and drivers are encouraged to use another route to avoid the lake during the inspection.
Cascade Middle School Assistant Principal, Kristopher Chrisopulos is new to the district but has fast become a valued employee. Over the course of the school year it has become very clear that he epitomizes the can-do spirit that is so vital to success with middle school students. He has gone out of his way to develop a positive rapport with students and staff. He looks for way to show people that he cares about and respects them, while still maintaining the highest standards of decorum and academic success. His deft ability to create […]