Meet your Principal
The mission of Kessler Elementary School is to teach and guide students in gaining academic competence and to prepare them to be responsible and contributing citizens.
To ensure learning at Kessler, the following guidelines have been established to create a safe, orderly, learning environment. Kessler Keys to Success: Every person at Kessler has the right to feel Safe, Supported and Valued. In our school community, learning is our most important job. So, we will: Be safe, Be Responsible and Be Respectful.
Fall 2019 message from the principal
Take The Five Day Challenge
Even as young as kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school and make it harder to learn to read. We encourage you to take the five (or fewer) day challenge. Students will earn weekly brag tags for perfect or improved attendance, or for arriving on time. The brag tags will fit on a ring that students will have on their cubbies here at school. At the end of the year they can attach them to their backpacks (that way they don’t get lost). Here are some suggestions for helping improve attendance:
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and backpacks the night before.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless the child is truly sick.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school talk to the teachers, school counselor, or family liaison for strategies to help the child feel comfortable and excited about learning.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up.
We are excited to have your student as a member of the Kessler School Family!